ALLRIDE PRIVACY NOTICEI. INTRODUCTION / II. OVERVIEW / III. DATA COLLECTIONS AND USES / IV. CHOICE AND TRANSPARENCY / V. UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE
When you use AllRide, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data.
Last modified: April 7, 2021
Effective date: April 7, 2021
This notice applies to users of AllRide’s services anywhere in the world, including users of AllRide’s mobile apps (such as “AllRide: Viajes Compartidos”, “Transporte Escolar – Conductor” and “Buses Privados – Conductor”), websites, features, or other services.
This notice describes how AllRide and its affiliates, collect and use personal data. This notice applies to all users of our apps, websites, features or other services anywhere in the world, unless covered by a separate privacy notice. This notice specifically applies to:
Riders: individuals who request or receive transportation, including those who receive transportation requested by another individual
Drivers: individuals who provide transportation to Riders individually or through partner transportation companies
This notice also governs AllRide’s other collections of personal data in connection with AllRide’s services. For example, we may collect the contact information of individuals who use transportation services offered by other companies through an AllRide app.
All those subject to this notice are referred to as ‘users’ in this notice.
In addition, please note the following: For users in Mexico: Please see HERE for information regarding AllRide’s privacy practices required under Mexico’s Mexican Personal Data Protection Law (Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de los Particulares).
Our data practices are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we engage in the practices described in this notice in a particular country or region only if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us here or through the addresses below with any questions regarding our practices in a particular country or region.
B. DATA CONTROLLER AND TRANSFER
AllRide Mobility Inc. is the data controller for the personal data collected in connection with use of AllRide’s services.
Questions, comments, and complaints about AllRide’s data practices can be submitted to email@example.com.
III. DATA COLLECTIONS AND USES
A. THE DATA WE COLLECT
Data provided by users to AllRide, such as during account creation
Data created during use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data
Data from other sources, such as AllRide partners and third parties that use AllRide APIs
The following data is collected by or on behalf of AllRide:
Data provided by users. This includes:
- User profile: We collect data when users create or update their AllRide accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, vehicle information, driver’s license and/or other government identification documents (which may indicate document numbers as well as birth date, gender, and photo). This may also include gender when required for certain AllRide services or programs, such as Women Only Rides. We may use the photos submitted by users to verify their identities, such as through facial recognition technologies. For more information, please see the section titled “How we use personal data.”
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic data about users from third parties.
- User content: We collect the information users submit when they contact AllRide customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact AllRide. This may include feedback, photographs or other recordings collected by users.
Data created during use of our services. This includes:
- Location data (drivers and riders): We collect precise or approximate location data from drivers and riders mobile devices if they enable us to do so. AllRide collects this data from the time a ride is started until it is finished, and any time the app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device. We use this data primarily to show the ride participants (driver and riders) the real-time location of each other to facilitate coordination and punctuality. We may also use this data to enhance your use of our apps, including to improve pick-up locations, enable safety features, and prevent and detect fraud. Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method.
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
- Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other and AllRide through AllRide’s mobile apps and websites. For example, we enable drivers and riders to text each other. To provide this service, AllRide receives some data regarding the texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications. AllRide may also use this data for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services, and for analytics.
Data from other sources. This includes:
- User feedback, such as ratings, feedback, or compliments.
- Users participating in our referral programs. For example, when a user refers another person, we receive the referred person’s personal data from that user.
- AllRide account owners who request services for or on behalf of other users, or who enable such users to request or receive services through their accounts. This includes owners of AllRide Corporate Services accounts.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- AllRide business partners through which users may create or access their AllRide account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that use
- AllRide’s APIs or whose APIs AllRide uses.
- Vendors who may help us verify users’ identity, background information, and eligibility to work, for regulatory, safety, and security purposes.
- Insurance, vehicle, or financial services providers for drivers and/or riders.
- Partner transportation companies (for drivers who use our services through an account associated with such a company).
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
- AllRide may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession.
B. HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
AllRide collects and uses data to enable reliable and convenient transportation and other products and services. We also use the data we collect:
To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
For customer support
For research and development
To enable communications between users
To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
In connection with legal proceedings
AllRide does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with users’ consent.
AllRide uses the data it collects for purposes including:
Providing services and features.
AllRide uses the data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services.
This includes using the data to:
Create and update users’ accounts.
Verify drivers’ identity, background history, and eligibility to use our services.
Enable transportation and other services.
Offer, process, or facilitate payments for our services.
Offer, obtain, provide, or facilitate insurance, vehicle, invoicing, or financing solutions in connection with our services.
Track and share the progress of rides.
Enable features that allow users to share information with other people, such as when riders submit a review about a driver or vice-versa, refer a friend to AllRide, or share routes with their contacts.
Enable features to personalize users’ AllRide accounts, such as creating bookmarks for favorite places, to enable quick access to previous destinations or recommend new routes.
Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
Safety and security.
We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
Using user ratings and feedback to encourage compliance with our terms and conditions and as grounds for deactivating users with low ratings or who otherwise violated such terms and conditions.
AllRide uses the information we collect to provide customer support, including to:
Direct questions to the appropriate customer support person
Investigate and address user concerns
Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes
- Research and development. We may use the data we collect for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, improve our ability to prevent the use of our services for illegal or improper purposes, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
Enabling communications between users.
For example, a driver may message a rider to confirm or change a pickup location or a rider may contact a driver to retrieve a lost item.
AllRide may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about AllRide services, features, promotions, sweepstakes, studies, surveys, news, updates, and events.
We may also send communications to our users about products and services offered by AllRide partners. Although we may send users communications about AllRide partners’ products and services, we do not sell users’ personal data to, or share it with, such partners or others for purposes of their own direct marketing or advertising, except with users’ consent.
We may use the data we collect to personalize the marketing communications (including advertisements) that we send, including based on user location, past use of AllRide’s services, and user preferences and settings.
AllRide may use the data we collect to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the services or products of AllRide or its partners.
Legal proceedings and requirements.
We may use the personal data we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of AllRide’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
We use personal data to make automated decisions relating to use of our services. This includes:
Matching drivers and riders. Users can be matched based on availability, proximity, and other factors.
Deactivating users who are identified as having engaged in fraud or activities that may otherwise harm AllRide, its users, and others.
C. Cookies and third-party technologies
Remembering user preferences and settings
Determining the popularity of content
Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
D. DATA SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Some of AllRide’s products, services, and features require that we share data with other users or at a user’s request. We may also share data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
AllRide may share the data we collect:
With other users
This includes sharing:
Riders’ person profile, including compliments and other feedback submitted by past users, and pickup and/or dropoff locations with drivers.
Riders’ person profile, including compliments and other feedback submitted by past users with other riders in a carpool trip. Riders in carpool trips may also see the dropoff location of the other riders.
For drivers, we may share data with the rider(s) including name and photo; vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; location (during trip); average rating provided by users; total number of trips; length of use of the AllRide app; and driver person profile, including compliments and other feedback submitted by past users.
We may also provide riders and drivers with receipts containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, participants name, photo, route map, and such other information required on invoices in the country or region where applicable.
At the user’s request
This includes sharing data with:
Other people at the user’s request.
AllRide business partners. For example, if a user requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, AllRide may share certain data with those third parties. This may include, for example, other services, platforms, apps, or websites that integrate with our APIs; vehicle suppliers or services; those with an API or service with which we integrate; or transportation partners or other AllRide business partners and their users in connection with promotions, contests, or specialized services.
With the general public
Questions or comments from users submitted through public forums such as AllRide blogs and AllRide social media pages may be viewable by the public, including any personal data included in the questions or comments submitted by a user.
With the AllRide account owner
If a user requests transportation using an account owned by another party, we may share their trip information, including real-time location data, with the owner of that account. This occurs, for example, when:
A rider uses their employer’s AllRide corporate services profile, such as when they take trips arranged through the AllRide platform but provided by another transportation company.
A driver person uses an account owned by or associated with an AllRide partner transportation company
A rider takes a trip arranged by a friend or under a Family Profile
With AllRide subsidiaries and affiliates
We share data with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, AllRide processes and stores data in the United States on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
With AllRide service providers and business partners
AllRide may provide data to vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. These include:
Payment processors and facilitators
Background check and identity verification providers (drivers, delivery persons and cash riders only)
Cloud storage providers
Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services
Data analytics providers
Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with AllRide or on AllRide’s behalf
Vendors that assist AllRide to enhance the safety and security of its apps
Consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers
Insurance and financing partners
Vehicle solution vendors or third-party vehicle suppliers
For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
AllRide may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies; to protect AllRide’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your personal data, including trip or order information, with the owner of that credit card.
This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
AllRide may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
E. DATA RETENTION AND DELETION
AllRide retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. AllRide may retain user data after a deletion request due to legal or regulatory requirements or for the reasons stated in this policy.
AllRide retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above. This means that we retain different categories of data for different periods of time depending on the category of user to whom the data relates, the type of data, and the purposes for which we collected the data.
Users may request deletion of their account at any time through the support contact email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Following an account deletion request, AllRide deletes the user’s personal data, removing all means of individualization and retaining only statistical information.
F. GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING
We only collect and use personal data where we have lawful grounds to do so. These include processing user personal data to provide requested services and features, for purposes of AllRide’s legitimate interests or those of other parties, to fulfill our legal obligations, or based on consent.
We collect and use personal data only where we have one or more lawful grounds for doing so. Such grounds may vary depending on where our users are located, but generally include processing personal data:
A - To provide requested services and features
In order to provide our services, we must collect and use certain personal data. This includes:
User profile data, which we use to establish and maintain user accounts; verify user identity; communicate with users about their trips and accounts; and enable users to make or receive payments
Driver and riders location data, which we use to track trips and assist with navigation
Usage data, which is necessary to maintain, optimize, and enhance AllRide’s services, including to determine incentives, connect riders and drivers, and calculate costs of trips
Information relating to customer support
B - For purposes of the legitimate interests of AllRide or other parties
This includes using personal data to maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security.
This also includes purposes such as combating fraud; improving our services, direct marketing, research, and development; and enforcing AllRide’s Terms of Service.
In addition, it includes using personal data to the extent necessary for the interests of other people or the general public, such as in connection with legal or insurance claims, and to protect the rights and safety of others.
C - To fulfill AllRide’s legal obligations
For example, AllRide may be subject to laws and regulations in many cities and countries that require it to collect and retain data about our users’ trips, and to provide copies of such data to the government or other authorities. In those cases we would collect and use personal data to comply with such laws.
AllRide may also share data with law enforcement regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes. AllRide may also share information with public health authorities where required or permitted by law.
D - With consent
AllRide may collect and use personal data based on the user’s consent. For example, we may collect personal data through voluntary surveys.
A user who has provided consent to a collection or use of their personal data can revoke it at any time. However, the user will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal data.
IV. CHOICE AND TRANSPARENCY
AllRide enables users to access and control the data that AllRide collects, including through:
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. iOS devices notify users the first time the AllRide app requests permission to access certain types of data and gives users the option to grant or refuse permission. Android devices notify users of the permissions that the AllRide app seeks before their first use of the app, and use of the app constitutes a grant of such permission.
Users may opt out of receiving promotional emails from AllRide through an unsubscribe link located in the footer of every email. We may still send users who have opted out non-promotional communications, such as receipts for rides or information about their account.
V. UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE
We may occasionally update this notice. Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the AllRide apps or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
After such notice, use of our services by users in countries outside the European Union will be understood as consent to the updates to the extent permitted by law.